Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Me, Myself and I

It's hard to turn your back on someone who means a lot to you. What's harder is when that someone still tries to talk to you. Should I look back and reply? But I don't want to go back coz I might lose myself again.

It's me, myself and I. That's my main focus right now. Because I am the most important person in my universe. And for a while I have forgotten my importance because all my energies were focused on other people. Who suffered? I did. And I still do.

Because it's me, myself and I phase, I know I have to let go of some people. I did. To some, it might be difficult to understand. But I completely understand why I did what I did. And to me, that's what is most important.

It's hard not to reply. It's hard not to communicate. It's hard not to cling to some semblance of normalcy between us. But we know things have changed. And no matter what we do, we cannot go back to the way we used to. And no matter what you do, I cannot and will not recall the words I already said. I have made my decision and Im going to stick to it. Please don't test my resolve. I know that is what you are doing. Trying to pretend that everything is the same. It's not. Let's face it. It's over.

Me, myself and I. When I make decisions for myself, I realized that it would lead me to the right decision. I don't care what you think about my decision. Because if I start caring about it, I know I'd go back to the way we were and I just would end getting hurt all over again.

No comments: