Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Before I Let You Go

I have a special fondness for this song. Its entirety doesn't really describe what we had. But it is something I associated with him. This is the song I used to ask him to play for me which had the power to put me to sleep.

But now, whenever I play this song, it is not sleep that presents itself to me. Tears. I feel the tears threatening me. And it is the kind of threat that weakens me.

Before I let you go
I want to say I love you
I hope that you're listenin'
'Coz it'strue,baby
You'll be forever in my heart
And I know that no one else will do,
yeah So before I let you go
I want to say it.....
I love you..


There. That's something I have never said to him. Why? I don't know. Maybe because it would ruin things between us. Maybe because if I do there is no turning back. I don't know.

Every letting-go-time, that song will play in my head. It's playing in my head for quite some time now. And I think, like before, that's where the words will stay.

No comments: